Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Glanville, Jay" <Ja...@NaturalConvergence.com> on 2003/05/12 20:58:46 UTC

JspC: file does not exist

Hello all.

The purpose of this post is two-fold: the optional jspc task not being able
to find a file that it discovered, and to test if my e-mail is setup for
plain text.

For the latter, I apologize if this is in HTML.  I'll soon discover this
myself.

For the former, the problem is that I'm using the jspc task which is
discovering for itself what files to compile, but then it stops with an
error saying it can't find one of the files it discovered.  I have a feeling
that this is due to command line length limitations, and I'd like to get
confirmation of this suspicion.

What am I doing?  I'm using the following ant code-segment:

    <jspc
        srcdir="${deploy_dir}"
        destdir="${interim}"
        uriroot="${deploy_dir}"
        compiler="jasper41"
        verbose="9"

      <classpath>
      </classpath>
    </jspc>

When run, <jspc> prints the following:

     [jspc] Compiling 801 source files
  [jasperc] 2003-05-12 01:31:08 - The file argument '<filename>.js' does not
exist

Now, when I look at the "-verbose" output of ant, it looks like it's trying
to pass all 801 filenames (with full paths) to the jasper compiler through
the command line.  Now, I'm performing this build on a Cygwin shell on
WinNT, which I believe has command line limitations.  Additionally, the fact
that the filename is cut (".js" as opposed to ".jsp") is indicative of
previous command-line problems Ant has already dealt with.

So, my question is this: are there currently know issues with <jspc> and
large filesets?  If not, what could be causing my problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JDG

--
Jay Glanville