Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Dan Xu <fu...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/05 21:52:28 UTC

Issues on ContinueRecord

Hi,

Currently I am using POI HSSF's event API to read excel file. But I found
there is no code to deal with ContinueRecord and I cannot work around it in
my own code either. So once the excel file contains ContinueRecord, it will
definitely throw out the Exception,

RecordFormatException("Records should handle ContinueRecord internally.
Should not see this exception") in
HSSFEventFactory.genericProcessEvents(HSSFRequest
req, RecordInputStream in).

>From the description of this exception, it seems that before that it should
be somewhere that can deal with the ContinueRecord just as in
RecordFactory.createRecords(InputStream in). But in function
genericProcessEvents, it does not have such kind of process. Neither do
other previous functions. So I wonder whether it needs some codes here or
before to deal with the situation that sid == ContinueRecord.sid. Otherwise,
how do I do in my event api programming to prevent throwing such kind of
exception.

Thanks!

Dan