Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barnaby Shearer <ba...@iWare.co.uk> on 2002/02/13 21:11:29 UTC

Installing Cocoon 2.0.1 on Tomcat-Standalone 4.0.2 with JDK1.3.1_02 and Windows 2K Pro

I have just downloaded a binary distribution of Cocoon 2.0.1 and cannot get
it to run.

I have am running Windows 2000 professional with Sun's JDK 1.3.1_02 and
Jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2 in standalone mode. These all appear to be working
correctly.

I have copied the cocoon.war file into tomcat's directory and restarted
tomcat. This successfully unpacked the .war file and created the cocoon
directory.

When I try and access cocoon (via http://localhost:8080/cocoon/) I get the
following message:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon2 threw
exception
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:93
5)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:653)
 at
va:214)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
va:190)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2343)
 at
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
java:170)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
:174)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
1012)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1107
)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/URIResolver
 at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLo
ader.java:1631)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:926)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1360)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.configure(Ex
caliburComponentManager.java:408)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:406)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:267)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:991)
 at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:308)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:91
[...]

The WEB-INF/error.log.000001 is empty and the other logs do not seem to have
any relevant messages.

Anyone able to give be any pointers on what I am doing wrong?

   _                                    (_~~_~~_)
  o o   Yesterday upon the stair         | @ @ |
  /v\   I met the man who wasn't there;   \ \  \
 // \\  He wasn't there again today,       \  oo
 (v_v)  I wish, I wish, he'd go away.       \ -
                                             !!

Re: Installing Cocoon 2.0.1 on Tomcat-Standalone 4.0.2 with JDK1.3.1_02 and Windows 2K Pro

Posted by Joseph Rajkumar <ra...@telocity.com>.
Hi
	This problem has been posted by me and many
others on this mailing list. Depends on what you wish to
do.
	If you want to get TC+Cocoon to work, go to
version TC-4.0.1 and Cocoon-2.0.1 with everything else
as you have it. Then you will be fine.

Regards
Joseph Rajkumar

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Barnaby Shearer [mailto:barnaby@iWare.co.uk]
>
> I have just downloaded a binary distribution of Cocoon 2.0.1 and
cannot get
> it to run.
>
> I have am running Windows 2000 professional with Sun's JDK 1.3.1_02
and
> Jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2 in standalone mode. These all appear to be
working
> correctly.

Stick with Tomcat 4.0.1 which is known to work with cocoon, watch on
this list for info when issue with tomcat 4.0.2 is resolved.

Vadim

====
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

<snip/>

> root cause
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/URIResolver
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>  at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:493)
>  at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)
>  at

<snip/>