Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@gmail.com on 2007/04/24 21:28:59 UTC

S2 Tag Properties

I notice key is now preferred over getText() and am now curious about
something else.  Is the name attribute necessary when using key?  I would
rather not duplicate myself unless S2 requires it.

            <s:textfield name="user.zip.city" key="user.zip.city" size="40"
readonly="true" />

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com

Re: Reset struts form values: Struts 1.3

Posted by Lance <la...@marketpipe.com>.
true

Posted by Mike Baroukh <mb...@cardiweb.com>.

Lance a écrit :
> You could use a reset button
> <input type="reset" value="Label for reset button" />
>
> Chaudhary, Harsh wrote:
>> Yea, that's what I was thinking too. I was just wondering if Struts (or
>> some other API) has a built-in caching mechanism. Thanks though,
>> Harsh.

Mike Baroukh

---
Cardiweb  - 31 Rue de Mogador Paris IXeme
06 63 57 27 22 - 01 53 21 82 63 - Jabber: mbaroukh@jabber.org
http://www.cardiweb.com
---

Re: Reset struts form values: Struts 1.3

Posted by Lance <la...@marketpipe.com>.
You could use a reset button

Posted by "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HC...@amfam.com>.

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Chaudhary, Harsh <HC...@amfam.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Struts 1.3. We have several struts forms which are
> pre-populated from a database.
>
> My questions is, if I want to provide the user with a way to reset the
> form to the initial values which were populated from the database.

It sounds like you will be providing a button for this choice. If so, then
wire it up to a Struts action which will get the values from the database.
Or if those values are cached in application scope, just retrieve those
again.

Paul

Re: S2 Tag Properties

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
Thanks brother!  That is what I was looking for.

Scott

On 4/24/07, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the name is null, and there is a key, it will be used as the name. So,
> no, you don't need to duplicate it.
>
> musachy
>
> On 4/24/07, Harring Figueiredo <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > They can the different and serve different purposes.
> >
> > The name attribute that you have there means that the value will be
> picked
> > from
> >
> > yourAction.getUser().getZip().getCity();
> >
> > The key will be used to lookup the resources files using the literal
> > string
> > 'user.zip.city', of course.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Harring.
> >
> > On 4/24/07, stanlick@gmail.com <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I notice key is now preferred over getText() and am now curious about
> > > something else.  Is the name attribute necessary when using key?  I
> > would
> > > rather not duplicate myself unless S2 requires it.
> > >
> > >             <s:textfield name="user.zip.city" key="user.zip.city"
> > > size="40"
> > > readonly="true" />
> > >
> > > --
> > > Scott
> > > stanlick@gmail.com

Scott
stanlick@gmail.com

Reset struts form values: Struts 1.3

Posted by "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HC...@amfam.com>.
Hi,

I am using Struts 1.3. We have several struts forms which are
pre-populated from a database.

My questions is, if I want to provide the user with a way to reset the
form to the initial values which were populated from the database. Is
there any API or method calls for that. Or maybe some kind of caching
mechanism or using Apache's beanutils.

Harsh.

Re: S2 Tag Properties

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.