Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/10/05 00:48:47 UTC

[ANN] Commons Lang 1.0 Released!

The Commons Lang team are proud to announce the version 1.0 release of
their set of Java libraries which enhance the standard Java core of
java.lang and java.util. A natural complement to such projects as Commons
Collections, Commons Lang should be of use to any Java project.

Many of the methods have come from the 'util' sub-packages of existing
Jakarta projects, most notably Avalon and Turbine, and many projects are
already using Commons Lang.

New methods and packages are already in discussion, so code and idea
submissions are welcomed from all quarters.

Henri Yandell

Re: [ANN] Commons Lang 1.0 Released!

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Thanks to Hen for organising the release ;-) and all for contributions.

We seem to have a bit of momentum at the moment for new features and ideas.
Lets hope we can keep that going, so maybe the 1.1 release will follow
fairly soon.

On that note, I have been looking at the reflection code again tonight. I
will promote this to commons proper in a subpackage soon.

Stephen

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [ANN] Commons Lang 1.0 Released!

Posted by Steve Downey <st...@netfolio.com>.
Congratulations on a successful release!