Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io> on 2015/09/01 08:48:28 UTC

DRAFT of August report

Hi All,
The following is a draft of the August report. Please provide any feedback
you may have.

Geode:
Geode is a data management platform that provides real-time, consistent
access to data-intensive applications throughout widely distributed cloud
architectures.

Geode has been incubating since 2015-04-27.

** Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:*
1. Have our first Apache (incubating) release (currently blocked on us solving
JGroups licensing issues) GEODE-77.
2. Expanding the community to include contributors and committers outside
of Pivotal.
3. Execute and manage the project according to governance model required by the
"Apache Way"

** Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to
be aware of*

 None

** How has the community developed since the last report?*

Geode now has a Zeppelin interpreter.
In August 120 issues were created and 59 resolved, bringing the total to
304 created and 136 resolved.
There were 6 pull requests to github in the last 30 days, for a total of 18
pull requests.
There were 322 messages on the dev list and 63 messages on the user list.
There are now 117 subscribers on the user and 127 on the dev list.

Events and Conferences in August:
QCon Rio: (30 attended)
In-Memory Analytics and Machine Learning in practice with Spark, Geode,
Spring XD and Docker
<http://qconrio.com/workshop/memory-analytics-e-machine-learning-na-pr%C3%A1tica-com-spark-geode-spring-xd-e-docker>

Geode Clubhouse: Roundtable where 10 issues were discussed in the
community. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOB3d-pvTI (about 20
participated)

September:
Geode clubhouse: Building Effective *Apache Geode* Applications with *Spring
Data GemFire (Sept 8th)*

Three talks at "Apache: Big Data Europe"
- An introduction to Apache Geode (incubating)
- Building a highly scalable open-source Real-time Streaming Analytics
system using Spark SQL, Apache Geode (incubating), SpringXD and Apache
Zeppelin (incubating)
- Implementing a Highly Scalable In-Memory Stock Prediction System with
Apache Geode (incubating), R and Spring XD

**   How has the project developed since the last report.*

Great progress has been made on JGroups issue, where many unit and
integration tests now pass on the feature/GEODE-77 branch.
Good progress has also been made on stabilizing CI, by fixing various
intermittent failures in integration tests.

** Date of last release:*

   N/A - Just nightly builds.

*Signed-off-by:*
[ ](geode) Konstantin Boudnik
[ ](geode) Chip Childers
[ ](geode) Justin Erenkrantz
[ ](geode) Jan Iversen
[ ](geode) Chris Mattmann
[ ](geode) William A. Rowe Jr.
[ ](geode) Henry Saputra
[ ](geode) Roman Shaposhnik

Re: DRAFT of August report

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Swapnil, Its good...Thanks for taking care of this...

-Anil.

Re: DRAFT of August report

Posted by Swapnil Bawaskar <sb...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks for the review!

I updated the wiki and also posted the content on Geode wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Community+development

Re: DRAFT of August report

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
+1.  Thanks!  -- justin