Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jeremy Chow <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/07 07:53:28 UTC

how can i execute a query from a .q file

hey guys,
I've seen many .q files in the hive source tree, how can i use them?

Thanks,
Jeremy
bytecode based virtual machine.

http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Re: how can i execute a query from a .q file

Posted by Prasad Chakka <pr...@facebook.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

They are used in junit testcases. To run input1.q you have to execute 'ant test -Dtestcase=TestCliDriver -Dqfile=input1.q'. I don't think they can be run from command line directly since some initial tables need to be created and loaded before most of .q files can be run.

Prasad

From: Jeremy Chow <co...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:53:28 -0800
To: <hi...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: how can i execute a query from a .q file

--
My research interests are distributed systems, parallel computing and bytecode based virtual machine.

http://coderplay.javaeye.com