Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Erez Eisenstein <EE...@axismobile.com> on 2006/11/12 14:24:07 UTC

org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel.SlideShow - buildSlidesAndNotes()

Hi Nick and Yegor.

I get the following exception:

class java.lang.ClassCastException - org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Slide
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Slide
        at org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel.SlideShow.buildSlidesAndNotes

This happens when I try to instantiate a new HSLFSlideShow:
HSLFSlideShow pptSlideShow = new HSLFSlideShow(fileName)

Is this a known bug?

Thanks

Re: org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel.SlideShow - buildSlidesAndNotes()

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, Erez Eisenstein wrote:
> I get the following exception:
>
> class java.lang.ClassCastException - org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Slide
> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Slide
>        at org.apache.poi.hslf.usermodel.SlideShow.buildSlidesAndNotes

Can you open a new bugzilla bug, and attach the problem ppt file?

This exception is occuring because we're assuming that the ppt file will
have a certain format, and it looks like you might've found a ppt file
that breaks our assumptions!

Cheers
Nick