Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2006/08/14 15:51:28 UTC

Tomahawk 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT failing to build. Failed to resolve artifact org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:2.4.1

I have done a "svn update" after returning for a long vacation and Tomahawk now fails to build.  MyFaces
core does correctly build.

Below is the failure:

[INFO] [surefire:test]
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire-api/2.4.1/surefire-api-2.4.1.pom
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire-api/2.4.1/surefire-api-2.4.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:2.4.1

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.surefire -DartifactId=surefire-api \
           -Dversion=2.4.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1) dummy:dummy:jar:1.0
         2) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-junit:jar:2.0
         3) org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:2.4.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
   dummy:dummy:jar:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Any ideas?

I am working on a patch to navigation tags in Tomahawk, but this is a show stopper.

Paul Spencer

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT failing to build. Failed to resolve artifact org.apache.maven.surefire:surefire-api:jar:2.4.1

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

I deleted my maven repository and downloaded "current" yesterday.
I was able to build everything without a problem -- well, without a
permanent at one at least.

My only issue was that I kept getting "Error transferring file" while
downloading dependencies and kept having to restart the build.  I wish
there was a way to tell maven to automatically retry.

However, I didn't hit a permanent error like the one you described.
I'm a maven novice, but perhaps the problem will go away if you clear
out your maven repository and try again.