Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farrukh Najmi <fa...@wellfleetsoftware.com> on 2008/11/07 16:37:50 UTC

maven-surefire-plugin not excluding tests for test goal

Dear colleagues,

I have a test that was excluded in my maven-surefire-plugin configuration.
When I run the test goal on my pom the excluded test still runs. Is this
a known bug?
How can I work around it? Thanks.

Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

Re: maven-surefire-plugin not excluding tests for test goal

Posted by Farrukh Najmi <fa...@wellfleetsoftware.com>.

It turns out this was my bug.

In my parent (root) pom.xml I have the following to exclude System tests
based on a naming convention:

      <plugin>
        <version>2.3</version>
        <configuration>
          <excludes>
            <exclude>**/*SystemTest.java</exclude>
          </excludes>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

However, I had a >maven-surefire-plugin configured in my child project
pom.xml where I forgot to exclude system tests the same way. So please
ignore my message.

Posted by Rafael Trestini <tr...@gmail.com>.
Farrukh,

I use these filters in surefire and it works fine. Can you, please,
send us more information about your configuration, like part of pom
where you configure surefire, the name and location of your test
class, versions, etc..

Trestini

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Farrukh Najmi
<fa...@wellfleetsoftware.com> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I have a test that was excluded in my maven-surefire-plugin configuration.
> When I run the test goal on my pom the excluded test still runs. Is this a
> known bug?
> How can I work around it? Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,