Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jeremy Cavanagh <je...@orange.fr> on 2020/02/04 11:52:52 UTC

beta2 not booting on macOS

Hi,

I've been using 11.3-beta2 for a few days and I have been very impressed
with it. Particularly the Flatlaf light. However, today it doesn't boot.
It gets as far as the splash screen and then nothing.

I had used a simplified version of the netbeans-macos-bundle to create
an app which has been successful on every early release so far. So to
check I used the unzipped version with the shell script and got the same
result, but terminal displayed the following message:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatLaf
(jar:file:/Users/jeremycavanagh/netbeans/platform/modules/ext/flatlaf-0.26.jar!/)
to constructor com.apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatLaf
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Is tis a possible cause?

Regards

Jeremy

Re: beta2 not booting on macOS

Posted by Karl Tauber <ka...@jformdesigner.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

this is the usual warning that Java 9+ outputs for reflective access to
internal classes.

IMHO this is unlikely the cause.

Karl