Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2004/02/11 18:51:18 UTC

MD% Standards (was Re: MD5 and Mirrors ( was Re: MD5 Hash ))

Besides, my current experiments with gnu md5sum (2.0.21) show that the
sum's on the Maven contents arn't verifyable to any other tool but the
maven checksum plugin.

If they aren't verifiable to extenral tools thats a bad situation. I'm
going to bring this up on the Maven list too.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1321.html

A hard fast "dig" through the RFC suggests a loophole here as there is
no reference to what the contents of a md5 signature fle should look
like. Seems more of a inherant "suggestion" in the implementation itself.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer