Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Max Lynch <ih...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/02 17:10:53 UTC

FileNotFoundException on index

I'm getting this error when I try to run my searcher and my indexer:

Traceback (most recent call last):
self.searcher = lucene.IndexSearcher(self.directory)
JavaError: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/spider/misc/index/_275c.cfs
(No such file or directory)

I don't know anything about the format of the Lucene index, but I notice I
have several _275* files from b to j but no c.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: FileNotFoundException on index

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK thanks for bringing closure!

Accidentally allowing 2 writers to write to the same index quickly
leads to corruption.  They are like the Betta fish: they fight to the
death, removing each others files, if you put them in the same cage.

Mike

Posted by Max Lynch <ih...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.