Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "g.spellauge" <sp...@Softing.com> on 2005/12/20 15:45:10 UTC

[users@httpd] configure ldap support 4 apache 2.2

hello,

i just tried to compile apache-2.2 for using ldap support. the
compilation failed with the following error:
mod_authnz_ldap.c:40:2: #error mod_authnz_ldap requires APR-util to have
LDAP support built in. To fix add --with-ldap to ./configure.

apache was configured (simplified) as
./configure --with-ldap --enable-ldap --enable-authnz-ldap

if i configure apace-2.0.55 with the same configure stmt it will be
compilable without any prob.

is there anything i overlooked ?

tia, g.sp

Re: [users@httpd] configure ldap support 4 apache 2.2

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tuesday 20 December 2005 15:48, g.spellauge wrote:
> how should i download/compile/install apr/aprutil ?
> it appears that this was not necc. before apache 2.2

It's bundled with apache.  But apache's configure will use an
already-installed APR if it finds a sufficiently uptodate version.

I can't tell from your question what you were doing.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] configure ldap support 4 apache 2.2

Posted by "g.spellauge" <sp...@Softing.com>.
how should i download/compile/install apr/aprutil ?
it appears that this was not necc. before apache 2.2

thnx, g.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.