Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Daniel Scheibe <ds...@googlemail.com> on 2013/04/20 10:40:27 UTC

Multiple isolated cayenne runtimes... (Cayenne >= 3.1)

All,

what would a possible scenario of running multiple isolated Cayenne
instances, actually quite the opposite of grouping multiple nodes under
a domain. Let's say i have multiple datasources all pointing to
different databases on different servers where every 'project' is
completely isolated from all others, there is no shared data between
those. At first sight i was asking myself if i should just setup and run
multiple ServerRuntimes, would this even be possible? Would this be a
valid approach?

The configuration of 0..n projects should possibly be changeable at
runtime too with a higher level 'ProjectManager' that i would have to
implement to steer the runtimes.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: Multiple isolated cayenne runtimes... (Cayenne >= 3.1)

Posted by Daniel Scheibe <ds...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Ari, there was some goof information in the link you provided.
Regards, Daniel

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Multiple isolated cayenne runtimes... (Cayenne >= 3.1)

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.