Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2004/04/15 17:49:25 UTC

Difference between Tomcat and Geronimo

Just wondering since we already have Tomcat why bother to develop Geronimo, what is the difference between these two.

Thanks.

Re: Difference between Tomcat and Geronimo

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
This one time, at band camp, Zhang, Larry (L.) said:

ZLL>Just wondering since we already have Tomcat why bother to develop Geronimo, what is the difference between these two.

Tomcat only addresses Servlet and JSP specs which is only a subset
of the J2EE specs. Geronimo addresses the full set of J2EE specs.
What's more, Geronimo is making use of exsiting Open Source projects
whenever possible.

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/