Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com> on 2007/03/29 03:06:21 UTC

How to verify "crossdomain.xml" in Tomcat

Hi,

In one of my application, I've to deploy "crossdomain.xml" file in my
Tomcat (i.e. Tomcat 5.x).

Could you please guide me regarding location (i.e. directory) and how to
verify the same on my Tomcat web serever.

Please let me know in case any other details are needed.

Thanks and Regards,

Hitesh

Re: How to verify "crossdomain.xml" in Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Hitesh Raghav wrote:
> Therefore, I need the help rgd "crossdomain.xml" deployment directory
> and verification mechanism in Tomcat scenario.

It would appear that this is a static file that needs to be deployed
in the top level directory of the ROOT web application.

Google or search the archives if you need help with configuring your
own ROOT web application.

You might have issues with port numbers. If Tomcat is listening on its
default port of 8080 I would change this to port 80.

Once installed, you should be able to confirm correct installation by
requesting:

http://host.your.domain/crossdomain.xml

HTH,

Mark

RE: How to verify "crossdomain.xml" in Tomcat

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Hi Mark,

I'm trying to deploy the Flex based app on my Tomcat5 web-server.

To allow cross-domain resource access, "crossdomain.xml" file need to be
deployed.
Pl look into below article for more details:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14213

Pl visit to below URL for cross-domain implementation by some leading
websites:
http://www.crossdomainxml.org/

Therefore, I need the help rgd "crossdomain.xml" deployment directory
and verification mechanism in Tomcat scenario.

Thanks,
Hitesh

> In one of my application, I've to deploy "crossdomain.xml" file in my
> Tomcat (i.e. Tomcat 5.x).

There is no such file in a Tomcat installation. Maybe it is part of an
application you are trying to deploy?

Mark

Re: How to verify "crossdomain.xml" in Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.