Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Singleton <jh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 17:22:22 UTC

3.0-beta-2 pom checking fails build

I tried building my project with the latest maven 3.0-beta-2 but it fails
the build because of a pom error in the colt-1.2.0 artifact on maven
central.  This error has already been reported (MEV-618, MEV-652) but is
currently unassigned.  I can't see any maven configuration or command-line
option that will get me over this issue.  Is there a workaround, or do I
just need to host a repaired artifact on my local repository server?  This
is not the first time that stricter checking in maven-3 has caused me grief,
but until now I was always able to proceed by improving my poms (generally a
good thing).  This one, however, is beyond my control and more of a
deal-breaker.

John