Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Sascha Schaefer <Sa...@ebcsoft.de> on 2008/06/16 16:13:49 UTC

Protect or disable a cell

Hi,

I want to create an excel workbook and I want to prevent that a user changes the content of some special cells. I read the POI's API but I haven't found a solution for my problem. Is there any possibility to disable or protect some cells of an excel sheet?

Mit freundlichem Gruß

EBCsoft GmbH

Sascha Schäfer

Delitzscher Straße 69

04129 Leipzig

Tel: +49 341 2466261

Fax: +49 341 2466262

Re: AW: Protect or disable a cell

Posted by Spike <so...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the 2 years delay on the answer, but I've noticed that when you
call the protectSheet() method, all cells in the sheet will be locked,
unless you tell them not to by setting a specific style.

But beware of sharing styles!!

Re: Protect or disable a cell

Posted by Anthony Andrews <py...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I forgot the second bit;

Once you have cretaed HSSFCellStyle objects that allow you to lock the contents of certain cells and applied them to those cells, you need to call the setProtect(boolean) method of the sheet the cells are on.

Re: Protect or disable a cell

Posted by Anthony Andrews <py...@yahoo.com>.