Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it> on 2000/09/24 22:02:24 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon Notification.java Notifier.java

From: "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org>
> stefano@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > Log:
> >   removed that unportable (and useless) ASCII art along with (slow)
> >   system.out (logs are there for a reason) and cleanup the messy code
>
> Thanks! (this eases stuff!)

I'm sorry that you think my coding is messy, and I would prefer that you tell
me first, being it my code, if it's not too much of a fuss >:-(
Anyway, why is it messy? Would you like it if I go round saying _your_
code is messy? Don't think you are perfect, we _all_ have to learn.
It is important that I get feedback on my code.
I think these remarks are _unfair_. :-(
The " unportable (and useless) ASCII art " was there to make errors more
evident and not pass unnoticed. No problem if it annoys you, I don't care
if you take it away, but it was not put there just for fun.
The "(slow) system.out" is rather important to me and to many other
programmers IMO, and if it's slow who cares, it should not fire if all
is ok. "(logs are there for a reason)"... yes, I KNOW, I already said
I knew logging had to be kicked in, and the "(slow) system.out" is there
just till C2 gets finished. Alpha 2a? Get real.

I would appreciate you all refer to the author of the code first before
spreading _bullshit_ because:
1. nobody is perfect, this is for the users and the coders.
2. if you didn't write the code maybe you don't understand it. Some things
that seem stupid to you have been thought of.
3. if the author doesn't get notified he cannot improve.
4. it's not nice to refer to other's people code as sloppy, you are not perfect.
5. if the code is not ok, who wrote it is the first one who has to make it ok.

I am astonished by this lack of sensibility.
I hope it will not happen again.
Nobody would like to contribute if this is done behind their backs.
If you don't trust me, tell me.
If you don't like my code tell me.
If you don't think I'm good enough, don't accept my work.

But please, don't make fun of me.

Nicola Ken Barozzi