Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Sanjay Singh <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/16 06:10:36 UTC

Support for High Availability

I am evaluating Tuscany for production environment, which requires very high
volume of transactions involving multiple databases.

a) Does Tuscany support high-availability? If yes, please direct me to the
documentation to get more information.
b) Is service-support available for production support of Tuscany?

Thanks,
Sanjay Singh

Re: Support for High Availability

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Sanjay Singh
<sa...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> I am evaluating Tuscany for production environment, which requires very
> high volume of transactions involving multiple databases.
>
> a) Does Tuscany support high-availability? If yes, please direct me to the
> documentation to get more information.
> b) Is service-support available for production support of Tuscany?
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjay Singh

Hi Sanjay

We aren't yet testing with any high availability scenarios. We have done
some work looking at load balancing using the Apache web server as a sprayer
which works for stateless services and provides a degree of failure
tolerance. We have no failover implemented for conversational services. So I
have to admit it's early days in this area.

Re. support. As an open source project we don't provide any specific support
directly over and above what you can get by posting to the dev/user list.
I'll defer to other users who may have used other support arrangements. As
an alternative there are commercial products that provide SCA runtimes and
which use the Tuscany code under the covers.

Regards

Simon