Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Obele, Azubuko" <Az...@morganstanleysmithbarney.com> on 2010/09/14 21:24:23 UTC

CacheControlHeaderProvider uses semicolons instead of commas

The CacheControlHeaderProvider class separates the various cache-control headers with a semi-colon. My reading of the HTTP 1.1 spec and pretty much any example that turns up on Google suggests that commas should be used to separate the various cache-control headers. Is this a bug?

Important Notice to Recipients:

It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer instructions, or to effect any other transactions. Any such request, orders, or instructions that you send will not be accepted and will not be processed by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

The sender of this e-mail is an employee of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately.  Erroneous transmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. By e-mailing with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney you consent to the foregoing.

Re: CacheControlHeaderProvider uses semicolons instead of commas

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Just ignore this advice, you'd be better of just using
ResponseBuilder.header(String, Object) method instead of using CacheControl
utility :

builder.header("Cache-Control", "dir1, dir2");

The approach I suggested can be handy in a number of cases, but it's an
overkill for this one...

cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Commas are now used by default in this case,

cheers, Sergey

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Obele, Azubuko <