Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com> on 2007/12/28 20:30:05 UTC

xml schema for ivysettings

Can  we get an XML schema(xsd) file for ivysettings.xml files like we have for ivy.xml files?  I just spent 2 hours trying to debug a problem I had with my ivysettings.xml file because I had property tags inside my resolvers tag.  I moved them outside the resolvers tag and everything works now.  I think an xsd file would have caught this?

---
Shawn Castrianni
Landmark
Halliburton Drilling, Evaluation and Digital Solutions
Building 2
2101 City West Blvd.
Houston, TX  77042
Work:  713-839-3086
Cell:  832-654-0888
Fax:  713-839-2758

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Re: xml schema for ivysettings

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that ivy settings have an open syntax, but we could have a
schema for built-in syntax and let open what is open. And we could also
improve error catching and reporting during parsing. Please open a JIRA for
that.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/