Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no> on 2010/08/31 15:07:58 UTC

Fails to run a proxy-recorded test plan without GUI

We are trying to run a test plan recorded using the JMeter 2.4 GUI and HTTP Proxy, but are running into problems: Only a few of the HTTP samplers in the plan actually work!

In the sampler log we find entries like this one:

<httpSample t="91" lt="91" ts="1283254796748" s="false" lb="Error: https://preprodnyttintranett.nsb.no/html/js/jquery/livequery.js?t=1252063286000" rc="Non HTTP response code: java.lang.NumberFormatException" rm="Non HTTP response message: For input string: &quot;315360000, public&quot;" tn="Tradgruppe 1-2" dt="text" by="1501"/>

This indicates that it wants to read a line of the format

HTTP 200 OK HTTP/1.1

but instead runs into

Cache-Control: 315360000, public

thus somehow skipping the response code line...? Similar test plans recorder earlier (e.g. one I tried yesterday) worked fine.

Also, in the jmeter. log we can see many

2010/08/31 13:48:17 ERROR - jmeter.samplers.SampleResult: sampleEnd called twice java.lang.Throwable: Invalid call sequence
at org.apache.jmeter.samplers.SampleResult.sampleEnd(SampleResult.java:940)

 Are these related?

- Tor Iver

Re: Fails to run a proxy-recorded test plan without GUI

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 31 August 2010 14:23, Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no> wrote:
>> We are trying to run a test plan recorded using the JMeter 2.4 GUI and
>> HTTP Proxy, but are running into problems: Only a few of the HTTP
>> samplers in the plan actually work!
>
> Seems the cause was using the HTTPClient sampler (org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2), switching back to the "default" sampler makes the tests run fine.

That's a bit odd.

The HttpClient sampler does use different code to process the response
headers, but it should not be failing like this.

Can you provide a sample (public) URL that shows the problem?
[I tried the URL in the previous posting and it worked OK for me]

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.