Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by vi...@free.fr on 2003/01/22 20:08:31 UTC

Minimize soap message

Hello,
   I want to know whether there is a way to decrease the size of soap message
whenever the content model is defined using xsd:choice. Let me explain. I have
the following WSDL document:

   <definitions ...>
                <types>
               <xsd:complexType name="saxAction">
                  <xsd:choice>
                   <xsd:element name="replaceChar" type="tns:replaceChar"/>
                   <xsd:element name="navChar" type="tns:length"/>
                   <xsd:element name="genChar" type="xsd:string"/>
                  <xsd:choice>                      </xsd:complexType>
   </definitions>

A typical SOAP message for this document is:

<saxAction>
     <replaceChar xsi:nil="true"/>
     <navChar xsi:nil="true"/>
     <genChar>new chars</genChar>
</saxAction>

I want to know if it's possible to parametrize axis in order to NOT generate
replaceChar and navChar elements in this example. As the content model of
saxAction specifies that just one element can appear as a child, replaceChar and
navChar should not be generated.

Thanks
Lionel