Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/04/27 16:45:31 UTC

[BUILD] Create a "check-prerequisites" groovy script which is automatically executed before the build

Hi all,

as configuring the systems to build PLC4X is getting more and more complicated, I would like to propose that we do some prerequisite check in the “initialize” phase.
The groovy-maven-plugin [1] would allow us to write a groovy scipt, which is executed before the build and this could print in a clear readable form what’s missing and how the user can resolve the issue.

What do you think?

Chris

[1] https://groovy.github.io/gmaven/groovy-maven-plugin/execute.html

Re: [BUILD] Create a "check-prerequisites" groovy script which is automatically executed before the build

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi chris,

I partially answered your question in my previous email.
I think this is a good idea.
But for me, this should be more of an intermediate solution until we disentangle the build a bit.

So count me as +1.

Julian