Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/02/18 19:46:39 UTC

Best place to look for documentation on Java Broker Management?

Hi All,
Could somebody point me at the best place to go to kick start my
understanding of the Java Broker Configuration & Management interfaces.
I looked at the Java Broker HTML documentation somewhat excited by the
chapter 9 heading only to find it's currently a placeholder :-(

http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.20/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-Java-Book/html/Java-Broker-Configuring-And-Managing-JMX.html

I've noticed that there's some example code in

java/management/example/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/example/jmxexample

which is clearly good to get up and running but I'm keen to understand
the full capabilities (in particular similarities/differences with C++
broker QMF) - does it have similar things to queueRef/exchangeRef from
binding objects etc. I guess what I'm saying is is the JMX MBean Object
Schema documented anywhere (analogous to the C++ broker
management-schema.xml I guess)?

Also is the Java Broker REST API documented anywhere?

MTIA,
Frase

Re: Best place to look for documentation on Java Broker Management?

Posted by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Many thanks for this stuff Robbie I'll take a look through it.

I'm sure I'll have more questions when I start to play :-)

Cheers,
Frase

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fraser,