Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 14:50:03 UTC

Login form

hi folks... I'm developing a site where the user need to login at first in
order to use the site...

My problem is that my app doesn't control the browser back and forward
buttons... I mean, when I'm in the login form and I get access to the site,
and I click the browser back button... It returns to the login form... So I
don't want this. I want the site to has a session control. It's the same
when I click on logout button... And I click the browser back button, it
returns to the site....

Please do u know some code or a site where I can find a solution for my
problem???

could u help me?

thanks in advance

--
Rafael Taboada
Software Engineer

Cell : +511-97753290

"No creo en el destino pues no me gusta tener la idea de controlar mi vida"

Re: Login form

Posted by kk...@moog.com.
You can display the user's name by using either a session or request
variable.  Just place the variable in either scope, and use <bean:write
...> to display it.  That tag can display a variable regardless of whether
it's in the request or the session.  You can specify the scope attribute
of the tag if you would like, but if you don't it will just look for the
variable in any scope.

Hope this helps, just let us know if you still have problems.

Keith Kamholz
IT - Programming and Architecture
Moog Inc.

Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com>
01/13/2006 05:08 PM
Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <us...@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Login form

And talking about sessions.. is there any method or taglib in order to get
session variables in my jsp???

When the user submit his user and password and all is ok, so my
loginaction
class forwards to a main.jsp where I want to show his name.. Something
like
"welcome peter"...

In my loginaction class there is a mapping.findForward("getmain"); where
getmain is a Forward and it calls to main.jsp....

How can I show the user name in my mian.jsp???.. maybe calling a
sessionvariable in my jsp???

Re: Login form

Re: Login form

Re: Login form

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Rafael Taboada wrote:
> hi folks... I'm developing a site where the user need to login at first in
> order to use the site...
>
> My problem is that my app doesn't control the browser back and forward
> buttons... I mean, when I'm in the login form and I get access to the site,
> and I click the browser back button... It returns to the login form... So I
> don't want this. I want the site to has a session control. It's the same
> when I click on logout button... And I click the browser back button, it
> returns to the site....
>
> Please do u know some code or a site where I can find a solution for my
> problem???

This might help:

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/BrowserBackAndSecurity

L.