Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2003/01/31 15:04:14 UTC

next Release of Cocoon

So has anything come out of our recent thread on this question or it died
away as before.

When do we announce Alpha for 2.1 ?
With all the complaints we got recently about the complexity of Cocoon,
it is probably not helping the project to perpetually miss our release
dates.

What is the Alpha show stopper ?

-=Ivelin=-

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>>Ivelin, maybe I don't understand correctly the above, but why do you
>>want to fix bugs _if_ we announce a release ?
>>

>I meant build problems, rather than functional bugs.

OK. But this doesn't explain _if_ we announce a release. Don't you think
that bugs have to be fixed, being there are release or not ?

>Over the last 3 months I have fixed multiple times broken examples and links to the code that I contributed. These were usually caused by directory reorg or library updates.

Careful, Ivelin : "code that I contributed" is dangerously close to the
code ownership claims that made so much damage to a community not far
from here. You're a committer, and as such can update files anywhere in
Cocoon's CVS, but also donate every single line of what you put in the
CVS to the ASF.

Sylvain

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.

> Ivelin, maybe I don't understand correctly the above, but why do you
> want to fix bugs _if_ we announce a release ?

I meant build problems, rather than functional bugs.
Over the last 3 months I have fixed multiple times broken examples and links
to the code that I contributed. These were usually caused by directory reorg
or library updates.

Ivelin

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

RE: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
I thought it was being held up until a flow discussion/vote finished.  Did
that happen already?

Geoff

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

Re: next Release of Cocoon

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> So has anything come out of our recent thread on this question or it died
> away as before.
>
> When do we announce Alpha for 2.1 ?
> With all the complaints we got recently about the complexity of Cocoon,
> it is probably not helping the project to perpetually miss our release
> dates.
>
> What is the Alpha show stopper ?

For my case, I want to move the Slide things from the scratchpad into a
own block. And I want also update the chaperon parser. I will finished these
things in the next days. Then I will be ready for 2.1 ;-)

What do the other think?

Stephan Michels.