Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Borislav Stoyanov <BS...@dspace.de> on 2005/10/25 13:33:11 UTC

FW: Xerces C++ 2.1 Problem with paths containing '#'

Hello there,

could be possible, that the above version has problems with path names containg a '#' character ?

For example

Y:\My#Path\MyFile.xsl

By trying to start a transformation with such a file path name I get an error.

I tried on advice from the xalan-group to put file:// before it, but it didnt help either: Type:MalformedURLException, Message:The URL used an unsupported protocol.

I was told, that "Xerces-C requires legal URLs, and the '#' character is not allowed in a URL, except as a fragment identifier.". So what can be done in such case? Source adjusting?

Is there any workaround?

10nx for any help advice in advance.

Best regards,