Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/01 17:22:13 UTC

Re: How to log one application errors

--- Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Oscar Trigueiros <Os...@lis2.siemens.pt>
> wrote:
> >    I'm using (cocoon 1.8.2 + tomcat 3.2) and i
> want to have one log file
> >were errors are record, what is the
> >    best way to do it?
> >    	. Use tomcat's log suport?
> >             . Does Cocoon has any log suport?
>
> Cocoon logs to Tomcat, so logs end up in servlet.log
> I think, but Cocoon 1
> logging is not very good - Cocoon 2 is much more
> comprehensive.
>
> In cocoon 1 you need to add this code to your
> Producer or XSP page:
>
>   Logger logger;
>
>   public void init(Director director) {
>     super.init(director);
>     this.logger = (Logger)
> this.director.getActor("logger");
>   }
>
> Logger is in src/org/apache/cocoon/logger - surprise
> surprise!

Up to now I've been using the following method:
void servletContext.log(String)

I am very curious if Robin's code is logging more info
in the servlet.log file.

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> thanks donald ... with regards to your small change
> ... i hope you have left variable i in "for (int i=0;
> i<_sendmail_addrs.length; i++)" unchanged :-)

er, actually, i should change that too...

> seriously, how small the logical block should be so
> that local variables don't need to have predifined
> prefix in their names?

it's mostly collisions with variables in the user's xsp pages that i'm
worried about.

> p.s. i am going to get the cvs installed so that i can
> do diff's in future

score.

- donald

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Donald Ball wrote:
>
> >         <xsl:if test="count(sendmail:reply-to)
> &gt; 0">
>
> I usually write
>
> <xsl:if test="sendmail:reply-to">
>
> It's shorter and avoids the function call.
>
> Ulrich
>
> --
> Ulrich Mayring
> DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

done ... thanks :-)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> all done, except no. 4 (don't have any diff on my Win
> box - could you maybe help :-)

i believe the windows cvs client has a diff utility built in...? from the
unix command line, you do:

cvs diff -c whatever.file

- donald

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:
>
> > here is a proposal for the extended sendmail.xsl
> >
> > The following elements are being add:
> > sendmail:reply-to
> > sendmail:to
> > sendmail:cc
> > sendmail:bcc
> > These elements could also apear more than once
> >
> > For the debuging purposes there is a new
> > sendmail:debug element
>
> overall, i like this patch. if i may make a few
> requests before i import
> this:
>
> 1. please prefix all variables with _sendmail_. i
> don't think was done
> consistently in the existing cvs source, but it
> should be.
>
> 2. i believe you should use <> instead of the
> entities in attribute values
> like this:
>
>         <xsl:if test="count(sendmail:reply-to) &gt;
> 0">
>
> 3. please add yourself to the author list at the top
> of the file. :)
>
> 4. send a unified context diff
>
> thanks!
>
> - donald

all done, except no. 4 (don't have any diff on my Win
box - could you maybe help :-)

cheers

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

[C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi there,

here is a proposal for the extended sendmail.xsl

The following elements are being add:
sendmail:reply-to
sendmail:to
sendmail:cc
sendmail:bcc
These elements could also apear more than once

For the debuging purposes there is a new
sendmail:debug element

Regards,
Drasko

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: [C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> here is a proposal for the extended sendmail.xsl
>
> The following elements are being add:
> sendmail:reply-to
> sendmail:to
> sendmail:cc
> sendmail:bcc
> These elements could also apear more than once
>
> For the debuging purposes there is a new
> sendmail:debug element

(acked on the cocoon-users list - please mail to both lists at the same
time if you're going to mail to both... :))

- donald

[C1.8.2] sendmail.xsl update