Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ro...@vodafone.com on 2004/02/13 16:54:27 UTC

Dynamically generate queries from user input

Hi all,

I have build several xsp:pages which contain forms holding textboxes and
dropdownboxes. The dropdownboxes are filled with values from a query.

I will explain my problem with a real life example.  The form offers a way
to search/filter for, let's say, trouble tickets.  A trouble ticket is of a
certain type (incident, change or problem). It also has a severitycode (low,
middle, heavy) and it has a description for example.

Suppose I have a form with two dropdownboxes (ddb)
*	ddbType has following options : (SELECT DISTINCT TYPE FROM TROUBLES)
*	-- any type
*	incident
*	change
*	problem
*	ddbSeverityCode has following options:  (SELECT DISTINCT
SEVERITYCODE FROM TROUBLES)
*	-- any severity code
*	low
*	middle
*	heavy
*	tbDescription (is empty)

Now i want depending of the userinput to run following query :

 String MyDynamicQuery = "SELECT TROUBLEID FROM TROUBLES  "
  <!-- conditional If any parameters are filled in -->
       + " WHERE "
          <!-- conditional if ddbType contains valid value (this means not
empty and not starts with '--'  -->
                     TYPE = ?
           <!-- conditional if ddbType contains valid value (this means not
empty and not starts with '--'  -->
          <!-- conditional if ddbSeverityCode contains valid value (this
means not empty and not starts with '--'  -->
                     SEVERITYCODE = ?
           <!-- conditional if ddbSeverityCode contains valid value (this
means not empty and not starts with '--'  -->
          <!-- conditional if tbDescription contains valid value (this means
not empty  -->
                     DESCRIPTION LIKE %?%
           <!-- conditional if tbDescription contains valid value (this
means not empty  -->
  <!-- conditional If any parameters are filled in -->

 Did anyone already do some nice work on this issue ??  I'm looking for ways
to do this kind of thing without having to do a lot of coding.  Any
suggestions, please post it !!

Robby Pelssers

Cocoon XSP Documentation : Access to servlet object and core logicsheets

Posted by Matteo <tu...@email.it>.
I'm new to Cocoon, I browsed all the documentation distributed with
Cocoon but I coundn't find how to access servlet object in XSP page.

Question 1
----------
how I cae access the various "request", "response", "session", "context"
objects in an XSP logic?

I couldn't find any official reference and I tried a lot as :

<xsp:logic>
    ServletContext app = getServletContext();
</xsp:logic>

Question 2
Someone knows if there is a documentation to the cocoon included
logicsheet library (such as the 'util' used in the examples?, I means a
complete API documentation or something like it).

thank you in advance,

    Matteo

--
people fall into 10 categories,