Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Shepherd McIlroy <sm...@stillsecure.com> on 2008/02/12 19:22:47 UTC

JSF 1.2 and Tiles

I'm converting an application using Tiles from JSF 1.1 to JSF 1.2.  I'm
running into a problem with components being rendered out-of-order.  The
problem is not with components defined in the Tiles template, but
components that are passed as arguments to the template.  For example,
if i have:

<tiles:put name="whatever"><h:outputText value="#{foo}"/></tiles:put>

the outputText components gets rendered before the entire template,
rather than at the location where the parameter is included within the
template.  I've tried using Tiles 2, same issue.  I've tried various
combinations of attributes on the tiles tags, using subviews, etc.
Nothing works.  This did work with JSF 1.1.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks