Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Keeran Hawoldar <ke...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/27 21:33:18 UTC

Installation troubles

Hi all,

I've been searching through the user archives for a solution to my
problem but haven't found anything so I hope you don't mind me mailing
this out.

I have put the axis webapp into the webapps dir of my tomcat
installation (tomcat4 debian package). I copied all of the jars from
the axis package into /tomcatroot/common/lib as I wasn't sure what was
going on with happyaxis.jsp.

The happyaxis jsp reports the following:

===
Found SAAJ API (javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage) at an unknown location
Found JAX-RPC API (javax.xml.rpc.Service) at an unknown location

Error: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet from file axis.jar
Axis will not work
See http://xml.apache.org/axis/
The root cause was: null
This can happen e.g. if org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet is
in the 'common' classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is
only in the webapp classpath.

Found Jakarta-Commons Discovery
(org.apache.commons.discovery.Resource) at an unknown location
Found Jakarta-Commons Logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log) at an
unknown location
Found Log4j (org.apache.log4j.Layout) at an unknown location
Found IBM's WSDL4Java (com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl) at an
unknown location
Found JAXP implementation (javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory) at an
unknown location
Found Activation API (javax.activation.DataHandler) at an unknown location
===

axis.jar seems to be in the correct location (ie, from default
distribution as well as /common/lib)

In the tomcat localhost logs there is a stack trace starting with :

===
2004-09-27 19:15:25 StandardContext[/axis]: Servlet /axis threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AdminServlet
===

I'm not sure where to start hunting for the cause of this problem -
please could someone help?

Many thanks,

Keeran