Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> on 2004/03/28 15:08:17 UTC

Re: svn commit: r9220 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_ra_local libsvn_repos libsvn_subr svnlook

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 00:28, ghudson@tigris.org wrote:
> Add a helper function svn_stream_copy and use it in a few places.

After sleeping on this change, it occurred to me that svn_stream_copy
would be seen as copying the metadata of a stream across pools, or
something.  The docstring is perfectly clear, of course, but it's good
for both the name and the docstring to be precise.  I'm willing to
change the name (soon) if people think this is a bad one and can come up
with a better one.

Re: svn commit: r9220 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_ra_local libsvn_repos libsvn_subr svnlook

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Greg Hudson <gh...@MIT.EDU> writes:
> On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 00:28, ghudson@tigris.org wrote:
> > Add a helper function svn_stream_copy and use it in a few places.
>
> After sleeping on this change, it occurred to me that svn_stream_copy
> would be seen as copying the metadata of a stream across pools, or
> something.  The docstring is perfectly clear, of course, but it's good
> for both the name and the docstring to be precise.  I'm willing to
> change the name (soon) if people think this is a bad one and can come up
> with a better one.

I think this is a good name.  (Always assumed that "dup" is the
canonical verb for that other interpretation anyway.)