Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by David Owens <do...@synxis.com> on 2001/02/01 00:17:03 UTC

New class for log4j

Hi there,

I have created a new Appender which rolls the log file at a
given date and time and time-stamps the old log file.  How
should I submit it?

Thanks,

Re: New class for log4j

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@urbanet.ch>.
At 16:17 31.01.2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I have created a new Appender which rolls the log file at a
>given date and time and time-stamps the old log file.  How
>should I submit it?

There are two options.

Option 1) (recommended)

We need:

- At least 3 recommendation letters.
- A letter of motivation for contributing to this project.
- A picture of your pet(s). You have to have at least one pet! Teddy bears do not qualify.
- Social Security number to perform *casual* background checks.
- 499.99$ in cash to cover our expenses. For faster processing send me the cash by postal mail.

Option 2) (not recommended)

- Send the code to this mailing list. :-)

Seriously, this would be the fourth time that someone has implemented a date rolling appender. We really to have this added for 1.1. Cheers, Ceki