Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Andrew Rothstein <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 04:00:05 UTC

http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/udf.html

it says that I should use the setUDFContext function to communicate
between the getTuple function and the
LoadPushDown.pushProjection(RequiredFieldList) function
implementations. Where do I put the aliases in the RequiredFieldList
so that I can reconstitute them in my getTuple implementation?

confused, Andrew

Re: http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/udf.html

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You can get a properties object from UDFContext.getUDFProperties() and
set values in that object on the front end.  You can then call
getUDFProperties again on the backend and whatever you set in the
properties object will be there.

Alan.