Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Cecile, Adam" <Ad...@hitec.lu> on 2016/11/22 12:16:44 UTC

Table is disabled an no way to get it back online

Hello,

We're having a table stuck in disabled state. First I'd like to start with what I tried already:

* Restart all machines involved in HBase cluster

* hbase hbck with varios arguments

* hdfs fsck

* Purge ZK /hbase and restart masters

Now more details anout what happens:

* When enabling from hbase shell:

hbase(main):002:0> enable "sentinel-meta"
ERROR: The procedure 147464 is still running

The task ID changes every time I run the command so I think it's talking about itself (and it gets stuck for a while before saying anything)

In the log, all I can see is:

2016-11-22 13:10:50,776 INFO  [ProcedureExecutor-0] procedure2.ProcedureExecutor: Rolledback procedure DisableTableProcedure (table=sentinel-meta) id=43220 owner=hbase state=ROLLEDBACK exec-time=242hrs, 52mins, 7.454sec exception=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotEnabledException: sentinel-meta
2016-11-22 13:10:50,781 INFO  [ProcedureExecutor-0] procedure.DisableTableProcedure: Table sentinel-meta isn't enabled; skipping disable
2016-11-22 13:10:51,084 INFO  [ProcedureExecutor-0] procedure2.ProcedureExecutor: Rolledback procedure DisableTableProcedure (table=sentinel-meta) id=43221 owner=hbase state=ROLLEDBACK exec-time=242hrs, 51mins, 42.288sec exception=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotEnabledException: sentinel-meta
2016-11-22 13:10:51,088 INFO  [ProcedureExecutor-0] procedure.DisableTableProcedure: Table sentinel-meta isn't enabled; skipping disable

Please also find attached a complete log from startup to shutdown on a single active master. You'll see the table is found as well as the regions but it gets deactivated with no reason.

Thanks a lot for your help, we're kinda running out if ideas here.

Best regards,

Adam.

RE: Table is disabled an no way to get it back online

Posted by "Cecile, Adam" <Ad...@hitec.lu>.
Hello,

Thanks a lot, the table is back online. One last question ? Can you provide a log pattern to spot this ? Just in case it occurs again ;-)

Regards, Adam.
Posted by Matteo Bertozzi <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Cecile, Adam" <Ad...@hitec.lu>.

Posted by Matteo Bertozzi <th...@gmail.com>.