Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/11/04 16:41:04 UTC

Status of JMS

What is being used for JMS, and how available is this for other ASF
projects?  We have a possible use for JMS in a future revision of James, and
it would be helpful to have JMS support generically available in Avalon.

For our purposes, a JMS implementation should be fast and lightweight,
support in-process and remote messaging, and persistence.

FWIW, Dave Walend's Somnifugi (http://somnifugi.sourceforge.net/) is an
in-process JMS.

	--- Noel

Re: Status of JMS

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 10:41, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> What is being used for JMS, and how available is this for other ASF
> projects?  We have a possible use for JMS in a future revision of James, and
> it would be helpful to have JMS support generically available in Avalon.

see PhoenixJMS:  http://phoenixjms.sf.net

It's an Avalon wrapper for OpenJMS.  Though it would be nice to just
have this folded into OpenJMS itself.

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>

Re: Status of JMS