Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Winslow <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/27 01:40:04 UTC

Only one ssl domain per server instance?

I'm wondering if there's a way to get more than one
ssl domain per server instance.  The ssl Connector tag
seems to be in the top level in server.xml.  Is there
a way to put it with a particular host or context or
have more than one instance per server?  Java's ssl
library seems to accept only one "tomcat" alias per
keystore.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks.

Re: Only one ssl domain per server instance?

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.
Mark Thomas wrote:

>> You can define multiple Connectors, each with its own keystore.

> But don't forget that each will need to be on a different port.

Actually, I assumed the OP would assign each Connector a different
*IP address*, so that conventional URLs like

    https://www.example.com/
    https://www.secondexample.com/

could be used, rather than, e.g. http:9443//www/yuckyexample.com/ :-)

YMMV,

                           dream.  code.

Re: Only one ssl domain per server instance?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com>.