Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Sosnowski, Konrad" <ks...@chellomedia.com> on 2005/08/30 13:09:28 UTC

[commos chain] is commons chain config loading threadsafe?

Hello,

I'm under the impression that the way to load up the chain is:

            ConfigParser parser = new ConfigParser();

            parser.parse(configUrl);

            Catalog catalog =
CatalogFactoryBase.getInstance().getCatalog();;

            Context context = new ContextBase();

            context.putAll(props);

            Command command = catalog.getCommand(commandName);

I aim to construct chains within multiple threads, each using a separate XML
loaded via a separate ClassLoader.  From what I've seen, the code above is
riddled with static factories and what goes with them - static maps.  Am I
correct to assume the above code is NOT threadsafe?  Is there a threadsafe
way of achieving my aim?

Regards,

Konrad