Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Markus Karg <ka...@quipsy.de> on 2013/07/22 09:47:01 UTC

mvn release:prepare does not update parent version

I'm driving nuts with mvn release:prepare...:

When I do mvn release:prepare, Maven asks whether I want to update all
SNAPSHOT version referenced in the POM.

I say "yes" and confirm all suggested replacement versions unchanged.

When Maven is done, I check the POM.xml.

It is correctly rewritten for all references, but not for the parent
version.

The parent version still references the *old* SNAPSHOT, while obviously
it should now name the *next* SNAPSHOT.

Can somebody tell me what I have to do so that mvn release:prepare will
also make the parent version point tot he *next* SNAPSHOT, as it does it
correctly with the dependencies and the project's own version?

Thanks!

-Markus

Antwort: mvn release:prepare does not update parent version

Posted by Sa...@de.rhenus.com.
Hi Markus

using "mvn release:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true" should solve your
problem.

Greetz,

Sandra