Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Williams <ch...@cisco.com> on 2001/04/17 14:51:13 UTC

Newbie question with classpath and WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes

I have Tomcat 3.2.1 running on Solaris and I have created a .war file
containing my JSP's I want to execute.  My JSP's import some classes I have
create to help out with processing.  When I call my JSP, I get errors saying
my class isn't found for import.  I have tried including the jar'd version
in both the lib and classes directory along with the uncompressed version in
both of those directories with no luck.  What am I missing???  Do I need to
add something to the web.xml file?  If I add the jar to another directory
that is already in the classpath it works fine.  Please help me...
Thanks
Chris

Re: Newbie question with classpath and WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes

Posted by Chris Williams <ch...@cisco.com>.
I tried that it and it didn't work.  Here is the layout of my war file.

chriwill.war
    demo <directory>
        jsp <directory>  Contains jsp files to use
        WEB-INF <directory>
             classes <directory>  put classes and jar file in here
             lib <directory>  put classes and jar file in here
             web.xml

I reference the page by http://localhost:8080/chriwill/demo/jsp/file.jsp.

Will this setup work and if not, what is the correct layout so my JSP will
load my external classes.
Thanks
Chris