Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2019/05/04 02:21:51 UTC

Re: [collection create & delete] collection It is not created after several hundred times when it is repeatedly deleted and created. Resolved after restarting the service.

On 4/30/2019 1:38 AM, 유정인 wrote:
> 2019-04-27 21:50:32.043 ERROR (OverseerThreadFactory-1184-thread-4-
> processing-n:211.60.221.94:9080_) [   ]
> o.a.s.c.a.c.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler [processResponse:880] Error
> from shard: http://x.x.x.x:8080
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when
> talking to server at: http://x.x.x.x:8080

<snip>

> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Java is saying that the TCP connection was reset.

This would most likely mean that at the TCP layer, a RST packet was
received.  To my knowledge, Solr doesn't reset connections.  Solr
doesn't contain ANY networking code.  On your install, all the
networking is done in Tomcat code, which utilizes Java APIs, and the
heavy lifting of TCP itself is handled by the operating system.

So when I said that I didn't think Tomcat could be responsible for your
problem, I might have been wrong.  This seems to be a problem at the
transport layer, and that is something that Tomcat probably can influence.

This could also be a lower level problem ... with the OS, or with your
networking equipment.  If the Solr connections are traversing the
Internet or a WAN, it could also be a networking problem you cannot
control at all -- somewhere in somebody else's routing infrastructure.

Why did you choose the more difficult path of running under Tomcat?
Have you tried running on the fully tested container that comes with Solr?

Thanks,
Shawn