Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Sachin Kumar <sk...@novell.com> on 2003/06/20 18:44:55 UTC

Bug in LDAP Authentication

Hello,

I tried to use LDAP for authentication instead of database doing all
what it needs, but could not authenticate.
In log I found that there is bug in turbine code itself, which was
clear from the errors in log , they are as below:
error: Cannot instantiate class ldap.provider
then it says
Exception:   org.apache.turbine.util.security.DataBackendException  :
The LDAP data Server is unavailable

This means that the class it is reading from
TurbineResources.properties is ldap.provider instead of the actual value
provided in TurbineResources.properties file.
I have fixed the problem, in files LDAPUserManager.java and
LDAPSecurityConstants.java  attached below with my comments where all I
made changes.
Request you to please replace these files with the old ones and build
it and let me know from where I could get new tdk with this problem
fixed.
It would be of great help to me.

Meanwhile I am trying to build the Turbibe-2.2 source using Maven, but
currently facing some problems in it.
Pl. look into it ASAP and if possible pl. reply.

thanks in advance
Regards,
Sachin