Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/04/11 14:54:47 UTC

RE: Tomcat at Windows 2000

	Instead of running startup.bat, try running tomcat.bat run - this
will start Tomcat in the same DOS prompts as its launched from.  You problem
is most likely one of two things:
	1.  Something is already using the ports Tomcat is trying to use
(8080 and 8007).  Microsoft has included netstat with 2000 so that you can
tell what addresses are in use
	2.  Something with the JVM/jar files is wrong and Tomcat can't find
one of its critical JARs (this would include having two XML parsers for
Tomcat 3.2).

	In either case, the error message will tell you what the problem is
and the solution should be straight forward.

	Randy

Re: Tomcat at Windows 2000

Posted by Daniel de Almeida Alvares <da...@techie.com>.
But I can run JSWDK's startserver command with no problems .... it ´s using
8080 port.
[]
Daniel
Daniel de Almeida Alvares