Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net> on 2019/11/08 21:10:02 UTC

Camel and Swagger API *client* code

I'm taking a shot here...

I'm new to Swagger.

I see that Camel has integration for generating Swagger APIs.

But what about *reading* someone else's API and using their schemas in my routes?

I'm looking at Swagger Codegen to see how to generate the client code...  But given Camel's infinite awesomeness, I was wondering if Camel or anyone has basically automated the process so that, say, at start up you can dynamically grab someone's API and use that to parse data from their endpoints, etc.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone.

Re: Camel and Swagger API *client* code

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
Thanks again, Claus.  Your tireless promotion of Camel and efforts to help us Camel Riders everywhere is deeply appreciated.  I don't think I've yet googled a Camel question where you weren't in the responses.  I don't know how you find the time or energy to answer as many questions as you.  I swear you must have a doppelganger!  (If I take the kids to the zoo next year and you're at the camel exhibit then I'll know something truly WEIRD is going on...)

Actually, I deeply appreciate the entire greater Camel community.  It's a great community.  And it's a great technology you've created.  I feel like I can build a career (well, I have a career... but integration & pipelining is so fun) or a company built on Camel and Spring Boot, and using just your fantastic book - which covers everything.

Anyway, I will probably take you up on your offer to discuss more things -- but first I need to study chapter 13 on Parallel Processing so I don't ask any stupid questions...  (The teaser is that it regards the pipeline I'm working on and about how to use Camel's parallel processing most effectively.  In particular, if I have an Ingest that receives a 1000 item JSON array every few seconds, is there a performance impact if I split() the array first and feed each item to the rest of the processing/body pipeline; versus having Ingest pass the JSON array intact, and let the processing body do the split() and .paralleProcessing().  I guess really the question is: if a route is receiving items one at a time, can you even do any kind of parallelization at that point; i.e. does the parallelization depend on being colocated with the split()?  Ok, I'm asking the stupid questions I said I wouldn't ask yet...  Sorry.)

Thank you again.

Ron

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron