Posted to users@maven.apache.org by t rajesh <it...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/12/12 17:48:35 UTC

probelem when am generating pmd report

Hi,

  build:start:
  pmd:
pmd:report:
    [echo] Running the PMD task with rulesets/basic.xml,rulesets/unusedcode.xml,rulesets/imports.xml ...
    [echo] No java source files to process.
    [echo] Converting the PMD report to xdoc ...
Caught exception evaluating: org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl@dc9766. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:194)
        at org.apache.velocity.texen.util.FileUtil.file(FileUtil.java:59)
        at org.apache.commons.jexl.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:268)
        at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:61)
        at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:68)
        at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:50)
        at org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl.evaluate(ExpressionImpl.java:86)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpression.evaluate(JexlExpression.java:69)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.SetTag.doTag(SetTag.java:84)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:247)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
        at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.StaticTag.doTag(StaticTag.java:65)

  //Rajesh

---------------------------------
 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India

Re: probelem when am generating pmd report

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Which version of the pmd *plugin*? (maven -i)

There was a bug that got fixed in version 1.8, where a NPE was thrown if
sourceDirectory or unitTestSourceDirectory were not defined in the pom.
But it's hard to guess with the information that you provide...

-Lukas

t rajesh wrote:
> [...]
>>>org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:68)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:50)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl.evaluate(ExpressionImpl.java:86)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpression.evaluate(JexlExpression.java:69)
>>>
>>>at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.SetTag.doTag(SetTag.java:84)
>>>at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:247)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:95)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:186)
>>>at
>>>org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.StaticTag.doTag(StaticTag.java:65)

timestamps on generated snapshot jars in project repository

Posted by Br...@gi-de.com.
Folks,

when deploying generated jars and ears to our central project snapshot
repository a timestamp is added to the file name.

1. From what time is that taken? (from the moment of the start of mvn?) ?
2. Can this timestamp be overritten by a parameter passed? (like a label
that the sources have in scm?) ?
3. Or can this timestamp be passed to somewhere else as an output
parameter?

Cheers
Brigitte

Re: probelem when am generating pmd report

Posted by t rajesh <it...@yahoo.co.in>.

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I think your problem is: