Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dimitris Palyvos <dm...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/23 17:31:16 UTC

Setting SlotSharingGroups for Joins and Sorting Keyed Streams

Hello,

I have two unrelated questions regarding the Flink API. Both of these are
connected to some proof-of-concepts and will not be deployed in an actual
production environment, so even less-than-ideal suggestions are welcome!

First, maybe this is a silly question, but is it possible to set the
slotSharingGroup for a join? I cannot seem to be able to set this using the
standard join API:
stream.join(..).where(...).equalTo(...).window(...).apply(...)

Second, is there a good way to sort a keyed stream before pushing it
through an aggregate? I am thinking of something like what is described
here (I know this does not actually exist):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Time+and+Order+in+Streams

I was thinking of something like stream.keyBy(...).flatMap(new
MyBufferingAndSortingOp()).window(..) but the flatMap returns a
SingleOutputStreamOperator so this does not work. Is there any other way to
sort the tuples in a window except doing it inside the
AggregateFunction/ProcessWindowFunction?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Dimitris Palyvos