Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Marth <mm...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/02 12:19:45 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1577449 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src: main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/file/ main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/segment/http/ main/java/org/apa...

On 02 Apr 2014, at 08:06, Jukka Zitting <Ju...@gmail.com>> wrote:

That design gets broken if components
start storing data separately in the repository folder.

Agree with that design principle, but the (shared) file system DS is a valid exception IMO (same for the S3 DS).

Later we would probably store the config files when using Oak outside
of std OSGi env like with PojoSR

@Chetan: why would the configs not be stored in the repo? I do not see how this relates to non-OSGi environments

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
> @Chetan: why would the configs not be stored in the repo? I do not see how this relates to non-OSGi environments

Well thats the basic config required to configure
DocumentNodeStore/SegmentNodeStore. These config cannot be stored as
content.

Other settings like security related config currently is not read from
NodeStore and in OSGi env is being provided by OSGi ConfigAdmin.

And more other settings like Index are currently stored as content
Chetan Mehrotra